Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The First Post



I decided to setup this blog so that I have somewhere to post the shit crap I write. There is more to this post - can you figure out how to read the rest?
+/-

And here is the rest of the post.

I hate giant posts appearing with no way to easily get to the bottom so I found this cute little Javascript that makes it easy. The whole post is still downloaded - you just don't have to look at it until you are ready.

I spent several days looking for a three column layout for blogspot. I spent about three hours wondering why I could not see the third column on the right of the blog.

That column should have been showing the Blog Archive but it was not there.

I went into the html and looked around but didn't see anything out of place. I added a few tweaks like white background for the posts to that these tired old eyes can see them. I did this and that but the blog archive would not fucking freaking appear.

I downloaded the html layout and chose a simple Google provided layout. I noticed the fucking freaking archive still was not showing. I figured Blogspot must be broken so ignored is and starting working on the little hide script.

I noticed that the blog archive was showing! What the hell was going on? I uploaded my three column layout and I was damned - the blog archive was not showing. Fuck Screw it I thought and worked on adding the hide script.

When I tested it the fucking freaking Blog Archive appeared. I was baffled then my head came out of my ass its foggy place and it dawned on me.

To have a Blog Archive you need posts. Right? I knew that.

Yeap, I was looking for a blog archive when I didn't have any posts.

So if you find that comical or interesting - stick around - this is the story of my life.

Later - don't forget - say what you mean not what you 'think'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be N I C E !!