Saturday, November 15, 2008

Knockers



While checking twitter, I noticed RedNeckMommy spoke of her jugs (just like she does every day). Jugs - a term I have not heard in years.

+/- To See More Knockers Touch Click Here

I always used knockers, another term I have not used in years. High School - We were on a cigarette break hiding behind the football field in the woods. A guy was telling me my girlfriend had a nice set of knockers. I wondered what he meant - knockers - it was the first time I heard the word. I had no idea what he was talking about but I agreed. Conferring with my best friend he discretely asked his older brother - our source for many answers to the mysteries of life.

I asked my gf on our daily walk home how she felt about someone calling her breasts knockers. She wondered who (I was pretty naive) and I told her. My gf was not afraid of anything. The next day during our morning hide/seek game cigarette break she asked him why he thought she had a nice set of knockers. He stuttered and never really gave her an answer but he did ask to see them which upset me.

After she left he threatened to kick my ass. I guess he was embarrassed. Our senior year I wrestled him during practice - he was two weight classes above me - I pinned him in thirty seconds the first time. It took almost a minute the second time. Guess I was pissed he had talked about my gf's knockers and had asked to see them.

I got to play with touch my gf's knockers that night after someone told her the story (my best friend called at my insistence) but I got slapped when I told her she had nice knockers. From them on I called them tits - she liked that and I liked them. WOW did I like them.

Knockers - hmmmm - who started using this word for tits or for that matter jugs. Jugs were those things grandpa sent me to the bar to fill with beer or the earthen colored jugs of clear liquid with no smell that we got from a guy living deep in the woods by the river.


I started my search with Google (as usual). First up in the results was:

Heidi Klum's Knockers (This was sort of funny - at 4 am)


And from Answers.com: Meaning #3: either of two soft fleshy milk-secreting glandular organs on the chest of a woman
with synonyms: breast, bosom, boob, tit, titty.

I was on the right path to success.

Then from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knockers

Knocker and knockers may refer to:


Ah, the Internet - all of these questions in my life and I have a place to get them answered without being ridiculed or labeled as a weirdo - yeah right!

I could not find the origin of knockers or jugs/juggs used as a vulgar reference to the female breasts.

Here are some of the other references I did see:

Knitted Knockers Benefit Breast Cancer Patients
Breasts Tits Juggs Funbags Hooters Knockers - SPIKE
Vigorous Exercise Cuts Breast Cancer Risk ('Bounce your boobies ...
The American Cancer Society

I had forgot (I wonder why, thinking of all those knockers I had known) about the use of knock as: she got knocked up; they were knocking boots in the back seat; he knocked the new policy; he knocked off the snitch; she told her son to knock it off; he was knocked cold; etc.

So I'm not sure who first used the word knockers to describe a woman's jugs. I just hope Redneckmommy and others keep flashing them.


1 comment:

Redneck Mommy said...

I don't love the term knockers. Or tits.

But for some reason I don't mind titties. Go figure.

Boobs, breasticles, melons, chest ornaments, jugs. Any of those work just fine for me.

I'm just happy that after 32 years I have finally grown a pair to call my own.

Post a Comment

Be N I C E !!